Recipe requires fresh 10 Pound Red Drum or Red Snapper.
Part One: Lemon/Butter Sauce In sauce pan place the following:
- 1 pound of real butter
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 to 6 cloves of crushed garlic
- creole seasoning
- or salt and pepper to taste
- Tabasco sauce to taste (six to eight drops minimum) -Do not omit the Tobasco
- 1 tablespoon of Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce
- Juice of 3 lemons
Place over low heat and let simmer for 30 minutes, stir occasionally.
Part two: Stuffing In a large mixing bowl place the following:
- 2 Bell Peppers diced
- 4 stalks of celery chopped
- 3 cans of small cocktail shrimp drained
- 3 cans of lump crab meat (do not use imitation)
- Tabasco brand red sauce( 6 to eight drops minimum)
- 1 tablespoon Lea & Perrins
- Salt & Pepper Very easy on the salt
- 3 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 cups bread crumbs
Add approximately half the lemon butter mix created above and combine until uniform.
Thin slice 1 lemon and 1 onion Clean the fish well (the head may be left on if you wish for presentation) On a double thickness of heavy duty aluminum foil place half the lemon and onion slices. Place the fish on top, stuff the body cavity with the mix, put the rest of the lemon and onion on top the fish. Pour on the remaining lemon butter sauce then close the foil to seal. Place on grill, cook with lid closed for about 10 to 15 minutes per side. Slit foil for last few minutes to add a little smoke flavor. Test doneness with fork. Meat should remain slightly firm but flake easily. This recipe can be shared among individually wrapped smaller fish if you wish. Serve the Stuffed and Grilled Red Snapper with home fries or grilled corn on the cob and enjoy!
Source Url: http://redneckknowhow.com/2015/06/09/stuffed-and-grilled-red-snapper/