Before you can get the North Carolina Black Bear Stew
You got to get the black bear!
Hunting Gear at Basspro.com
Black bear stew?
This is why somebody would go black bear hunting! Makes me wanna slap my daddy for not taking me bear hunting. North Carolina black bear stew is so good.
North Carolina Black Bear Stew Recipe Ingredients:
- 2 lbs black bear stew meat
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon season salt
- 5 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 lb carrots, sliced
- 5 large potatoes, peeled & sliced in chunks
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms (whole or sliced)
- 1 can condensed tomato soup
North Carolina Black Bear Stew Recipe Instructions:
- Lightly season black bear stew meat with salt and pepper, coat with flour Heat olive oil in a skillet, add stew meat and brown.
- Place the black bear stew meat in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Add season salt and bring to a boil, cover and simmer for two hours.
- Add vegetables and more water if needed, simmer for one hour.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, soup (salt and pepper to taste) simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove heat and let the North Carolina Black Bear Stew sit for 30 minutes. And then the North Carolina black bear stew is ready to serve.
Source Url: http://redneckknowhow.com/2015/03/31/north-carolina-black-bear-stew-recipe/