Stuffed with sautéed onion and mushrooms pate'. The white wine with turkey and sautéed onion and mushrooms pate' for the stuffing make this turkey recipe a winner. And it’s pretty a pretty easy recipe to make too.
Sautéed onion and mushrooms pate' ingredients:
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms (about 1/4 lb.)
- 2 qt. fresh white bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1 tsp. marjoram leaves
- 1 lb. chicken livers, finely chopped
Wine with turkey ingredients:
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 cup olive or salad oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, halved length-wise
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 1 can (10 1/2 oz.) condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 1/2 cup white wine
Order wild game meat from Fossil Farms
- Sauté onion and mushrooms in hot butter in skillet until onion is tender. Turn into large bowl. Add chicken liver, bread crumbs, parsley, salt, thyme, marjoram and pepper; toss the sautéed onion and mushrooms and other ingredients lightly until thoroughly combined.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Mix salt and pepper; sprinkle part of mixture inside turkey. Spoon stuffing into neck and body cavities; close cavity with twine, and fasten wing tips to body with twine. Tie ends of legs together. Place turkey, breast up (omitting rack) in a deep roasting pan with a tight fitting cover. Brush with oil and sprinkle the remaining salt and pepper. Roast uncovered 30 minutes or until lightly browned. This pre-roasting method can help achieve that lovely browned color in this wild turkey recipe, other wild birds, or even chicken.
- Remove from oven; reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Insert meat thermometer in wild turkey thigh at thickest part. Add onion, garlic, cloves, bay leaf and basil to roasting pan. Pour chicken broth and wine over turkey. Cover pan tightly. Roast, basting every 30 minutes, for 2 1/2 hours, or until thermometer registers 185 degrees F. Leg joints should move freely. Remove turkey from roasting pan; remove twine. Let stand 30 minutes, then refrigerate, covered, until chilled--overnight. Serve roasted wild turkey basted with white wine cold, garnished, and carved beside sautéed onion and mushrooms pate'.
Animal Traps by Bridger Traps, Duke Traps, Sleepy Creek Traps,
MB Traps, and More at Pcs Outdoors
Source Url: http://redneckknowhow.com/2015/03/12/wild-turkey-recipe-white-wine-basted/