The wonderful taste of the venison round steak can be enhanced by tenderizing it the night before you cook it and marinating (soaking) it in buttermilk. Just crush 2 to 3 cloves, add that to the buttermilk a long with ½ tablespoon of Cavender All Purpose Greek Seasoning
Stir to mix. Then add the venison round steak making sure all the meat is submerged in the buttermilk mixture. Cover and place in the fridge overnight. Then prepare as the recipe that follows. For more information about soaking wild game, please read my article, Wild Game Meat Soaking.
Venison Parmesan Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 pounds of venison round steak
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup fine bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. marjoram or oregano
- 1(6 oz.) can tomato paste
- 2 cups hot water
- 8 oz. mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds cooked spaghetti
- Grated Parmesan, Romano and Mozzarella cheeses
Venison Parmesan Recipe Instructions:
- Pound the venison round steak to tenderize, and cut in serving pieces.
- Dip venison meat in egg and roll in mixture of Parmesan and bread crumbs.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a heavy skillet and brown the venison round steak on both sides until golden brown. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, cook the onion over low heat until soft and stir in spices. Add tomato paste and gradually add hot water, stirring constantly. Boil gently 5 mins.
- Place the venison meat in a deep casserole and top with the mozzarella.
- Pour half the sauce over the meat and cheese and top with spaghetti.
- Add remaining sauce and an additional sprinkling of cheeses.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Let sit for 10 minutes then serve and enjoy this wonderful venison parmesan recipe!
GourmetFoodStore.com – Gourmet food from the world delivered to your door!